To get more detailed information about accreditation and the accreditation process please select a section from below.
WELCOME! HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ACCREDITATION
- Who's responsible for answering the question? You.
- Committees on Accreditation (CoAs) and CAAHEP help you manage the process.
- The Accreditation Process is Ongoing, Not a One-Time Thing
- Other Kinds of Accreditation
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY 'QUALITY?'
WHO CARES, AND WHY?
- The Public's Stake in Accreditation
- Your Students' Stake in Accreditation
- Professions' Stake in Accreditation
ACCREDITATION WORKS BECAUSE OF A PROCESS
STANDARDS and GUIDELINES
- What is a 'Standard?'
- What is a 'Guideline?'
MEASURES OF QUALITY: 'OUTCOMES' AND 'INPUTS' as Found in Standards and Guidelines
DOMAINS OF LEARNING: Cognitive, Psychomotor, Affective -- words in Standards about Curriculum
INITIAL AND CONTINUING ACCREDITATION
- Is Your Program Accredited? With What Status?
IS ACCREDITATION VOLUNTARY?
ACCREDITATION WORKS BECAUSE OF A STRUCTURE
- What's a Committee on Accreditation (CoA)? Which One Is Yours?
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education programs (CAAHEP)
- Fees That Get Paid to CoAs and CAAHEP
- What Does CAAHEP Do That You Need to Care About?
- How Do Committees on Accreditation (CoAs) and CAAHEP Function Together?
BEGINNING YOUR ACCREDITATION PROCESS
- Getting ready for the process.
- Who can answer your questions?
THE TWO LARGEST ACTIVITIES: SELF-STUDY & SITE VISIT
- Self Study Tips
- Site Visit Tips
TO ERR IS HUMAN. SUPPOSE THAT THINGS GO BADLY, WHAT THEN?
SOME ACCREDITATION HUMOR
- Devil and St. Peter story